This document is the Father Ray Foundation Security & Child Protection Policy and Guidelines, which is operational at all social projects managed by the Father Ray Foundation.
These policies and practical guidelines provide information to staff, and non- staff, on the workings of the issues of security and child protection for those under the care of the Father Ray Foundation.
This document is for those staff, and non-staff, who are unsure of the correct procedures in operation at the Father Ray Foundation and for those staff, and non- staff, who wish to have a better knowledge of the security and child protection policies.
It is a comprehensive set of guidelines, which must be adhered to by all staff, volunteers and visitors.
These guidelines, while specific to the Father Ray Foundation, must follow the national policies and guidelines as set in the Child Protection Act of 2003.
The Father Ray Foundation believes that every child or student, regardless of age, sex, race or ability, has, at all times and in all situations, a right to feel safe and protected from any situation or practice that results in a child being physically or psychologically damaged. The welfare of the child and student under the care of the Father Ray Foundation is paramount and all children and students, without exception, have the right to protection from abuse.
The Father Ray Foundation
- recognizes that child protection is everyone’s responsibility
- recognizes the unique and individual worth of each child
- is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people
- exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people
- will review its Security & Child Protection Policy annually.
The policies and guidelines outlined in this document are in use in the following projects –
- Father Ray Foundation
- Redemptorist Vocational School for People with Disabilities – Pattaya
- Father Ray Children’s Home
- Father Ray Outreach Work & Drop-In Center
- Pattaya Redemptorist School for the Blind
- Father Ray Children’s Village
- Redemptorist Vocational School for People with Disabilities – Nong Khai
- Father Ray Day Care Center
- Father Ray Center for Children with Special Needs
- Redemptorist Foundation for People with Disabilities
- Job Placement Agency for people with Disabilities
- Community liaison work
- Redemptorist Center